USB-4COMi-SI-M USB to Quad RS-422/485 Adapter (with Optical Isolation & Surge Protection)
The USB-4COMi-SI-M USB to Optical isolated Quad RS-422/485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds four RS-422, or RS-485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports don't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and one power supply adapter of 6V/2.1 Amp is included. The adapter is designed with a four external 4-pin dip switches to set RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Each port can be independently set to RS-422 or to RS-485, depending on your requirement in application.
The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines. Optical isolation and surge protection are available to USB-COMi-SI-M. The serial line of RS-422/485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation.
The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
The adapter is built-in surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD. The USB-to-Optical isolated Quad RS-422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-422 or RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial data communication in harsh environments.
The USB-4COMi-SI-M USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance. Complete drivers support Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x.
Features & Specifications Model No.: USB-4COMi-SI-M
- Adds four RS-422, or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to USB port Installed as standard Windows COM port
- 2000V DC optical isolation protection
- 25KV ESD surge protection
- RS-422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
- Serial port speed up to 920K bps
- Four DB9 male connectors
- Full hardware and software flow control
- Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
- 2KV DC optical isolation protection ESD surge protection (25KV)
- Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
- Four external dip switches for easy RS-422 or RS-485 mode settings -no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS-422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, OFF, OFF
- RS-485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo OFF, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo OFF, OFF, ON, ON
- Serial Communication Parameters -Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS
- Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS
- Termination Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
- USB cable of 0.9 meter included
- Includes one power supply adapter of 6V/2.1A.
- Easy plug & play installation and RS-422/RS-485 device connection Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- SECC sheet metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- Dimensions: 167 mm x 102 mm x 29 mm / 189 mm x 102 mm x 29 mm (with DIN rail bracket)
- COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support HyperTerminal, or any other COM port number required Supports Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x.
Full Details PDF File User Guide