USB to RS-422 / RS-485 technology is the perfect compliment to serial communication to further the use of existing devices, even when the computer doesn’t offer serial ports. The USBG-2COMi-SI-M USB to RS-422 serial adapter has 128 byte FIFO to allow high-speed communication, even in heavy loaded systems.
This USB to RS-422 serial adapter also allows you to protect your equipment via 2000V optical isolation and 25KV ESD surge protection. Two 6-pin terminal block connectors located on either side for optimal flexibility of serial connection.
This 2-Port serial adapter allows you to add two RS-422 or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to your host USB port. The adapter features a rugged SECC metal chassis, which also includes DIN rail brackets for mounting. Serial COM modes settings, RS-422 or RS-485 are selectable for operation via DIP switches located on the back of the adapter.
- Two DB9 male connectors & two 6-pin terminal block connectors for optimal flexibility of serial connection
- 2000V DC optical isolation
- 25KV ESD surge protection
- No need to open chassis to set operation modes-two external DIP switches for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- Built-in termination and biasing
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 25KV
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X